Happy birthday, Abba

Monday, March 31, 2014

my dad, in new zealand, 1970s

It’s my dad’s birthday tomorrow, and I’ll be spending the day with my parents in what may be our last birthday together for a while, as I move to the other side of the world. The world is a lot smaller than what it was in the days when they too hopped on a plane to the other side of the world. There’s skype, and emails, and easy phone calls, and messages, and facebook. And sometimes my fears feel self-indulgent. But mostly, I’m just grateful to have parents I will miss so much. I said to my friends yesterday that I lucked out with parents, and I really did.

Happy birthday, Abba. xxx

3 comments:

rooth said...

Happiest birthday to your pops!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Hila said...

Thanks you two :)