Events and such

Monday, 14 October 2013


A few events and such to share with you here:

: : I was sent information about the above play via email and I wanted to share information about it here. I don’t usually do this, but I like the sound of this play: It’s called The Warrior and The Princess and is showing at Spare Parts Puppet Theatre as a part of Fremantle Festival from 29 October – 10 November, 2013. From the information I was given, the description of the play reads:

“Based on a true story in World War II, the compassion of a Japanese man saves the lives of Jews in Nazi threatened Lithuania.

The Warrior and The Princess is an immersive theatrical experience blending live action with shadow play, puppetry, and live piano accompaniment.”

There’s more information about the play here.

: : A few friends and colleagues have organised an event at The University of Western Australia to commemorate the life of Seamus Heaney. There will be talks, food and an opportunity to read out your favourite Heaney poem and talk about what it means to you. There will probably be some tears too. Details can be found here.

: : My zines with Gracia & Louise are now available at Ruck Rover General Store. You can buy them from their shop in Northbridge (Perth, Australia), or online here: It’s the Dusty Hour and The Glimmer of Armour.

: : A small note to end with: Please feel free to email me/post a link in the comments field/tweet me books you have blogged about as part of the Women Writers Reading Group – I’d like to see what people are reading.


Rambling Tart said...

That play sounds really interesting and good. I'd love to know more about the story behind the story. In fact I'm going to do a bit of research right now. :-)

Hila said...

Same here Krista - let me know what you manage to find out.