Bouquets

Monday, 30 September 2013

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne

Some bouquets for you, collected from the Royal Botanic Gardens in Melbourne. I’m not the world’s best photographer, but even I can’t go wrong with this display. I only wish I could capture the scents as well. Walking around in these gardens made me think of these lines from a poem I previously shared here:

Sleeplessly
I watch over
the spring night—
but no amount of guarding
is enough to make it stay.

I have nothing more to add, these beauties speak for themselves.

9 comments:

Petra said...

beautiful. I was there pretty much exactly one year ago. these pics bring back fond memories :)

Amelia said...

Here the leaves have started to fall from the trees.

I miss spring.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Beauties, indeed.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Gorgeous! I love the butterfly!!!

Rambling Tart said...

It makes me smile that we both ambled through botanical gardens this weekend, Hila. :-) I love these images in all their beauty and peace. :-)

Hila said...

Petra: ha, snap!

Amelia: I'm dreading summer, but enjoying spring.

Denise: And don't they know it.

Andi: Yes, that butterfly posed beautifully for me.

Krista: Oh this wasn't from this weekend, but from about about a week ago when I was in Melbourne. I'd like to be back in those gardens :)

Tracey said...

Love these photos Hila (sorry I'm behind on commenting over here ... these last couple of weeks have disappeared on me). You've inspired me to spend some time wandering around the Botanic Gardens here ... they can be such calming spaces. :)

Hila said...

Wish I could have one in my backyard, Tracey :)

Unknown said...

I love your photos of the Botanic Gardens. I was trying to find the name of a tree & chanced on this blog. The name I want not found,but I must say, your tanka is excellent:

Sleeplessly
I watch over
the spring night—
but no amount of guarding
is enough to make it stay.

Lorin Ford, managing editor of 'A Hundred Gourds',a haiku & related journal. (Melbourne, 14th September 2015)