Touching

Friday, 7 June 2013

Meanjin

Meanjin

Just a quick note to let you know that I published a memoir essay called ‘Touching’ in the June issue of Meanjin. You can pick up a copy of it online or in many good bookstores. There is also an e-book version. The essay will probably be published online on the Meanjin website sometime soon, but I recommend the print edition of Meanjin (I’m a subscriber).

In much smaller news, I’ve reluctantly joined facebook again. I say reluctantly because I hated facebook last time I joined, and I still do I suppose. But my family in Israel asked me to join to stay in touch, and I do think it’s getting to the stage where I need my own account for work. So I’ve caved in, feel free to friend me. I can’t promise not to leave again though.

Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Rambling Tart said...

Thank you for posting a little snippet of your essay. It is beautiful and I can't wait to read the rest when I get home from camping this weekend. :-) This week I sat in the library and read story after story of Holocaust survivors, wishing I could hold their hand, hug them, cry with them, go back in time and fight for them. I'm so glad these people had you to listen to their hearts and make them feel valued.

Nadiah said...

Oh hooray! I look forward to reading it :)

Kelly said...

Congratulations, I look forward to reading it in full.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Laura Tj said...

Congrats Hila! Gosh I don't remember when was the last time I read your posts (and everyone else's, I miss blogging and slowly getting back to catch up on it)

Hila said...

Krista: It's sad how unvalued some of them feel, and to me they are immeasurably valuable as human beings. I'm glad there are people like you who read my posts and who read about difficult things, thanks.

Nadiah: Thanks!

Kelly: Thank you, much appreciated.

Andi: Thank you.

Laura: Glad to have you back, I know the feeling as I'm catching up too.

Debie Grace said...

Congrats on the printed essay! That must feel great to get published ;) Also, I added you. (I hate Facebook too I deactivate my account sometimes haha!)