Celebration: Amy Borrell

Thursday, 2 August 2012

celebration

: : When Amy sent me this illustration she created for my online celebration, I had to smile, because it’s so her: sweet, warm and lovely. You may remember Amy and I worked on our little book together a while back. I couldn’t have another book celebration without one of her images accompanying my words. Amy once sent me this print as a thank you, and I have it hanging in front of my bed. On weekends, when I have time to sip coffee in bed, I gaze at all the illustrations in the print, feeling quite content. It seems so appropriate that I have the same feeling gazing at this illustration she created just for this occasion. Thank you Amy! Have a peek at her other work here : :

7 comments:

rooth said...

That's a wonderful illustration, complete with spilled glass of wine in the corner

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Beautiful illustration here, in the book preview, and the print that hangs in front of your bed. Off to see more...

Hila said...

Rooth: I know, I love the spilled wine ...

Denise: yes, Amy is quite talented!

Anis said...

This is such a nice drawing, I love the rest of her work, it is pretty consistant. Especially her covers and her selfportrait.

Hila said...

Anis: I like the way Amy interprets words into covers and imagery.

tksutton said...

Love,love,love that illustration!
Her work is really charming.

<3
Tarah

onefellswoopfindings.blogspot.com/

Hila said...

Tarah: most things about Amy are charming.