Thumbtack Press

Wednesday, 22 February 2012








Fox Through a Dark Wood







A few weeks ago I received an email from Barry Friedland, the owner of Thumbtack Press, asking if I would be interested in blogging about his website. I have to be honest and admit that I usually say no to such requests, but I said yes this time. And that's because I started browsing through the various art prints available on Thumbtack Press and genuinely liked them. I've picked out a few of my favourites here. I also like the concept behind Thumbtack Press: affordable original art. There should definitely be more of that around, and I'm wholeheartedly at ease with endorsing such a cool venture.

While I'm on the subject of art, my good friend Sofia is having a clearance sale on her Etsy shop, so do visit and see if there's anything you like. Sofia once sent me one of her crochet necklaces and they're absolutely beautiful. I hope it's a successful sale Sofia!

Image sources: All images are from Thumbtack Press and are used here with permission. The pieces I've picked out are by various artists, including Sarajo Frieden, Robert Bridges, Rick Beerhorst, Pamela Henderson, Matthew Woodson, Masayoshi Mizuho, Marcela Cárdenas, Luis Melo, Kate Pugsley, Gina And Matt and Francisco Miranda (Tooco).


Hotly Spiced said...

What a great concept. Affordable art! And there are some great images there. I must check out their website.

blazebratcher said...

Thanks for introducing the website! And great selection here! I am excited to have more affordable pieces in my shop soon! :)

nancy said...

wow. these prints are incredible! when I finally have a bit of income to play with again, this will be one of the first places I visit.

rooth said...

How cool - Hila, I'm so glad you shared this. Now I can find some new art for my place!

etre-soi said...

Beautiful art indeed and thank you so much Hila ;-)
Can't wait to read your review on 'The Artist'.

Leah said...

I very much like the three that look like they're in an empty room - 11, 12, 13 I think, with birds and dogs and random objects.
It's an honourable goal, affordable art.

Leah said...

Ugh - that last comment was me but signed into the wrong account. Stupid google and multiple accounts!

B said...

Very, very beautiful artwork.

Thumbtack Press said...


angela said...

These are lovely prints! I love the falling drops and the hiding fox.

Rambling Tart said...

I'm so glad you DID say yes, Hila. :-) These images are charming and delightful. Such interesting styles and colors. :-)

hungryandfrozen said...

I love the bursts of colour and the hyperrealism...what a cool website. I can see why you chose to say yes.

Sasha said...

So colorful. The two landscapes, oddly the least colorful, are my favorite ones.

Tracey said...

Dear Hila, I so very often seem to be behind in catching up with your blog ... can you just call it a case of me leaving the best to last? :)

I love the idea of Thumbtack Press, and wholeheartedly agree that the world needs more affordable original art pieces. Fantastic! :)

Hila said...

Hotly Spiced: Yep, it's a great concept.

blazebratcher: Your new pieces are lovely.

Nancy: Ah yes, I can sympathise with lack of funds.

Rooth: I'm glad you like it!

etre-soi/Sofia: My pleasure :) And yes, I can't wait to see and review it.

Leah: ha! They look like the same accounts to me ...

B: I agree.

Thumbtack Press: :)

Angela: I like the drops one too.

Rambling Tart: It's good to say yes sometimes.

Hungryandfrozen: Yes, there's some interesting work on the site.

Sasha: There's a gloomy beauty to them.

Tracey: Oh that's okay, I know how busy everyone is.

Thumbtack Press said...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to extend a big thanks for all the kind words!

And Hila, thanks for the write-up. Keep up the great work with your blog!