Finished!

Anna Duncan

I don't usually use exclamation marks in my post titles, that should tell you something. Guess what everyone? I finished my book. It's done, submitted to my publisher and as of yesterday, it officially entered the production phase. Of course, this production process will take a few months, and so the book will not be in stores just yet. But still, a momentous day for me, full of relief. I feel like for the past few months I've been poised on the edge of something, sort of like the dancer in this photo. And now, all I want to do is let go of the poise, collapse on the sand, and sleep.

Thanks for all your support. In the past few months, I've received so many kind emails, comments and tweets. They really meant a lot to me. This weekend, for the first time in ages, I plan to do absolutely nothing. I may even get up late and watch television all day. How's that for being a rebel? Have a great weekend everyone!

Image credit: Anna Duncan photographed by Arnold Genthe.