Thank You & Happy Holidays

1

2

I was watching the BBC's latest version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles last night, and the first couple of scenes in which Tess seemingly evaporates into the beauty of the misty landscape in her pure white dress lingered like perfume. What I always seem to want this time of year is to travel. The end-of-year holiday period makes me miss my friends and family overseas even more. But since I can't realistically afford to travel, I go on imaginative travel through the screen instead. And I want to take you all along with me on this imaginary travel. I can't think of a better way to say thank you, and to round-up this year of posts on my blog.

This is my last post for the year, as I'd like to take a small break till next year. This would sound dramatic if 'next year' wasn't just under two weeks away. I can't believe December is nearly over, and I'm generally wondering where this year went. But before I say goodbye to this year and hello to the next, I want to take a moment to say a very big thank you to everyone who has read and commented on this blog in the past year.

I can honestly say that one of my favourite things about my blog are the comments left by you guys. This is my way of showing you all how much I appreciate them. I've mentioned many times how hard it is to put yourself out there, to share your ideas and opinions on such a public forum. And while it hasn't been perfect, it has been immensely rewarding for me. I still go through periods where I wonder why anyone reads this blog at all, so thank you.

Besides Tess's wistful landscape, here are a few more places I'd like to take you ...

3

4

: : Catherine Moorland's many contemplative rooms, from ITV's Northanger Abbey.

5

6

7

: : Cathy's room at Thrushcross Grange, from ITV's Wuthering Heights.

8

9

10

: : The Cobb in Lyme Regis, from ITV's Persuasion.

11

12

: : The hauntingly beautiful dream-space of the stage, from Black Swan.

13

14

15

: : The Temple of Apollo, Stourhead Garden, Wiltshire, England, from Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice.

16

17

18

: : Christine's rose-filled dressing room at the Paris Opera House, from Joel Schumacher's The Phantom of the Opera.

19

20

: : Sun-baking in an English garden, from the Poirot episode, 'Taken at the Flood'.

Alas, that was a short trip. But here's to an adventure-filled 2012. Next year will be filled with excitement for me, as it'll mean the publication of my first book. I'm looking forward to that moment when I hold a copy in my hands. And I also have many plans for this blog, one of which involves an idea I've been discussing with some friends and colleagues: starting our own online literary magazine. I want to take this seriously and do it properly, so right now, I'm seeking advice from various people with more experience in the field.

I hope you all have some exciting plans tucked away under your sleeves as well. Have a lovely Christmas or Hanukkah (like me), and a wonderful New Year. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. I'll see you all in the first few days of January!