A Special Fundraiser

Saturday, 8 October 2011

katemiss

This beautiful print, which I have just bought, is part of a special fundraiser being organised by Kate Miss from For Me, For You. You may have read Kate's post in which she talked about her boyfriend Will's recent cancer diagnosis. I personally had to fight feelings of rage that they were not only facing such a scary health problem, but also, financial difficulty in paying for hospital bills. It shouldn't be like this. I really have no idea what the health care system is like in America, but this is just wrong.

Kate has organised an online fundraiser to help cover the costs of hospital bills through her etsy shop, which is filled with a lovely array of beautiful prints. Please read Kate's post, in which she explains the reasons for this fundraiser much better than I am here. I think Jane summed it up perfectly when she commented on this post, thanking Kate for letting us help. I couldn't agree more. It's really hard to ask for help, and I have to totally admire the mature, dignified and brave way Kate and Will are handling this.

Please visit Kate's shop and blog to show your support. And feel free to spread the word about this fundraiser as every little bit helps. Hang in there Kate and Will, we're all behind you.

11 comments:

Iren said...

Hi,
thanks for this link - I just bought the Brooklyn Sunset... I live in Switzerland, a country with great cancer treatments and a 90% cost coverage by the insurance. - I lost a very close friend because of cancer last year. A great singer and mother with a young babygirl... I still cry when I think about her...
Hopefully he, Will, can get over it! fingers crossed...

See Hear Say said...

heartbreaking :(

i'm spreading out the word and going to check out kate's etsy now.

tywo said...

You are kind. I'll spread the word.
Thanks for sharing.


LOVE!

Sasha said...

I'll spread the word about the fundraising and [hopefully] be able to purchase one of her beautiful prints this weekend.

It's ridiculously sad that money must factor into a situation of life or death. As a person who has seen two people in her close family struggle with cancer, my thoughts are with them both.

Fabrizia said...

So sweet! I like this post!ì
Take a look at my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

Joan said...

this is really beautiful!

Jane Flanagan said...

I picked this print too!

naomemandeflores said...

This is really heartbreaking, I'm so sad to hear this. You're amazing Hila, this post moved me.


Camila Faria

hila said...

thanks for your support guys, I'm sure kate appreciates it so much. It is all quite heartbreaking.

andrea despot said...

Thanks for sharing the word about this!

hila said...

I hope it helped kate out.