Mail Presents

Friday, 9 September 2011

art by my grandmother, rochale teper

art by my grandmother, rochale teper

So many lovely things have arrived in the mail this week. I received a calender from my grandmother in Israel, filled with her own artwork and paintings. Of course, I'm completely biased, but I think her work is totally beautiful. I also received my copy of Spoonful, a stunning crochet necklace from Sofia and a few other bits and pieces from bloggy friends ...

presents from blog friends

I always feel a bit awkward saying thank you for such gifts, but I do mean it from the bottom of my heart. I do want to say a special note of thank you to Sofia, who was one of the first few people to visit my blog, and whose own blog I've been reading for ages.

So thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone - for all the lovely emails and special little things in the mail. I don't know what I did to deserve such kind blog readers. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

All art images are copyrighted to Rochale Teper. Please do not re-blog without proper credit.


lola is beauty said...

I love the first painting by your grandmother - great colours!

Enia Is (Almost) Here said...

what beautiful paintings. i really like the sky in the first one in particular. i have to admit (you may know this already!) to not being 'too' into vibrant colors, so the yellow stands out for me, but i really love the technique and the spunged clouds. they remind me of cotton candy :) it's lovely that you have such creative people in your family.

and how nice to get things in the post. as arcade fire said, 'it seems strange how we used to wait for letters to arrive, but what's stranger still, how something so small can keep you alive'... have a lovely weekend hila, it's good to have you as a bloggy friend :)

Leah said...

My favourite part is the pink clouds in the top picture - it looks like a photograph of the sky. The whole thing looks almost like a photo taken with a moving camera, or a painting of a fleeting moment.

Tana said...

beautiful artworks of your grandmother! and a beautiful&poetic necklace made by Sofia!amazing presents! have a wonderful weekend!

Sundari said...

Lucky you! You got such talent in your family. It's so nice to receive lovely gifts like that. Especially when they are unexpected!

naomemandeflores said...

Hila, those paintings are so pretty! Your grandmother is super talented! I love to receive little packages and other sweet things via snail mail. It always makes my day!

Camila Faria

elliottwithlove said...

Those are beautiful paintings! I think it's wonderful that your grandmother paints, and so well! What a sweet present. :)

etre-soi said...

you are you and that's all we ask here as your readers ;-)
Beautiful talented family too you got there ! Have a great week !

Sasha said...

Lovely presents to find in the mail! Your grandmother is quite talented. I like these paintings.

Nancy Baric *negfilm said...

Oh I do enjoy your grandmother's paintings, they seem like a combination of Naive art mixed with American folk art. Thank you for sharing! ;))

hila said...

lola is beauty/claire: I love that painting too, it's my favourite.

enia/maja: good to have you as a bloggy friend too :) I also tend to go for neutral colours, but the vibrancy of these paintings is quite seductive.

leah: oh wow, that's wonderful, I'll let my grandmother know what you've written here.

tana: yes, beautiful paintings and beautiful necklace, I am indeed lucky. Hope you had a great weekend too.

sundari: they were totally unexpected, I love surprises.

camila: I'd have to agree, she is talented :)

elliottwithlove: I think it's wonderful too.

etre-soi/sofia: thanks again sofia, the necklace is beautiful. xx

sasha: thanks, I should probably show more of her work.

anancy: that's a good way to describe her work!