Summer Positives

Monday, August 22, 2011

summer positives

Hila and I are fellow Southern Hemisphereans (I hail from South Africa) and I know for a fact that she suffers in the intense heat of our similarly torturous summer seasons as much as I do. That's not to say I hate summer. In fact, there are many things about the season that I love - but I tend to forget the perks when I'm complaining about it being close to 40°C.

So since summer is only about 2 months away (!) I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of Summer Positives that we can refer back to when we're lying in our beds at night tossing and turning because it's too hot to fall asleep.

Image credits:

1. warm water / summer fruit / swimsuits
2. tanned skin / beach holidays / sandals
3. bike rides / jasmine / outdoor evenings
4. summer dresses / summer love / long summer days

: : Guest Post by Diana from Miss Moss : :

14 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Beautiful post - and bittersweet to read as we prepare to bid adieu to a lovely summer here.

I struggle with summer heat too, but found this one more tolerable - I hope it's like that for you two too!

Lyndall said...

I love this so much! I'm a fellow Southern Hemisphere lady and I am really looking forward to summer. I love how you've used the circle images, so pretty.

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

these are all exactly what I'm looking forward for too!

Jasmine said...

Nice post! Lots of memories coming up..

calamity-physics.com said...

Oh I do hate summer...I just can't function in heat! I spend those months counting down the days until I can pull on a wool jumper and giant scarf :D

See Hear Say said...

ohhh love this! i can not wait for summer.

Rhônya Holman said...

Hi Hila,
Beautiful selection of photos! Very artistic the way you used circle in these images. I hope all is well with you.

Have a beautiful week! ♥

anabela / fieldguided said...

This actually makes me feel a bit sad that summer is coming to an end here -- although I know we don't get weather as hot as you ladies do. Love this, Diana!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Summer is almost over here... I still hope for a sunny indian summer!

Lovely post!

elliottwithlove said...

Summer is nearly over for me, here in the Northern Hemisphere, but this post is lovely all the same! I think it aptly captures the essence of summer. Ah, if only summer would hang on for just a bit longer!

Sam said...

Read this days after returning from a summer in northern Quebec that looked and felt just like this post. Heart-strings tugged, looking backwards longingly. Thank you.

Taylor / The Little Deer said...

I absolutely love this! All of these are my fave parts about summer, too.

hila said...

Diana, don't you wish we could magically snap our fingers and have summer be this awesome all the time? I'm still dreading the heat, humidity, sleepless nights, but you've given me something to look forward to. This post is beyond wonderful, thanks.

Ellie said...

I go back to school in a week, so summer's basically over for me. I totally agree with all your summer positives though! Love it.

~Ellie
paperlanternlane.blogspot.com