Nostalgia II

in tonga

: : In Tonga, 1975.

my dad, 1976

: : In Tasmania, Australia, 1976 (my dad).

my dad, an extra in 'apocalypse now'

: : In the Philippines, 1970s. My dad is the second on the right. He, along with the other men pictured here, was an extra in Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now.

in samoa

: : In Samoa, 1975.

my dad, 1970s

: : In New Zealand (I think), 1970s (my dad).

my dad, in the philippines, 1970s

: : In the Philippines, 1970s (my dad).

my mother and uncle

: : My mother and my uncle, in Israel.

my grandfather

: : My grandfather (handsome devil).

my grandfather holding my mother

: : My grandfather holding my mother, in Israel.

me, in israel

: : Me, in Israel (love those sandals).

I can't help myself, I've been scanning photos with my mum as we're preparing a family present, and I had to share some more nostalgia. These ones are mainly from my parents' backpacking travels in the 1970s, but there are a few other ones of my late grandfather, my mother and one of me (I just adore those sandals and I want them back). I particularly love the photo of my dad as an extra in Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now. Apparently, he only features for about a second in the actual film, but I think he rocks anyway. My dad is a man of few words, when I asked him what Coppola was like, he replied: 'he was nice, but he made me shave off my beard'. Okay then. My mum told me that up until that moment, she had never actually seen my dad without a beard. My parents were so adventurous, I wish I could just hop on a plane and travel for a few years like they did.

Please do share your photos, I'd love to see them ...