Brooke Shaden

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

brooke shaden

I think the only reaction to these images should be one long dramatic gasp, followed by numerous adjectives. The incredibly talented photographer, Brooke Shaden, has kindly let me feature her work on my blog, and all I can say is a big thank you! Isn't her photography just brilliant? I particularly love the way it's explained in her 'about' section on her website:

Brooke has been said to encapsulate a new way of creating imagery for our time and has "...dramatically restated a new photographic feminist agenda for the 21st century." Her use of the square format and heavy texture work to create a painterly aesthetic is redefining the boundaries of photography. With these tools at hand, she creates new worlds through her images.

If I could write as well as she creates images, I will die a happy woman. To view more of her work, visit her website and flickr account (and leave her a nice comment, or better yet, sponsor her as she totally deserves it).

Two more lovely things to note:

: : Don't forget to enter my giveaway as I've extended the deadline to this Friday due to the problem with deleted comments by blogger last week

: : Thank you so much to those of you who responded to my previous post on writing. I've been so moved and humbled by your thoughtful comments and willingness to share your thoughts - please keep the comments coming on this post, I'm enjoying reading them.

All images copyright Brooke Shaden. All rights reserved.


SJ said...

there's something about the angles of the models that makes me want to look closer and yet turn away at the same time. they're stunning.

blue fruit said...

one long gasp is right! They are quite extraordinary. I like them but I don't like them ~ does that make sense? They are beautiful but also have a sense of apprehension ~ as if sinister was just around the corner.

P R I M O E Z A said...

you are right. these are beautiful and amazing.

etre-soi said...

the movement of the characters and what is around them is stunning !

alice said...

so, so beautiful! thank you for sharing!

Danielle P. said...

I have been staring at some of these stunning photos, fully expecting the models to move. What breathtaking photos!

Sally said...

Lovely lovely!

They remind me of the mood evoked by Alison Scarpulla:

andrea despot said...

the movement in her work is amazing!

Ashley said...

Wow, just wow, to all of those images! They are truly stunning; they make me long for fall, but the imaginary kind of fall, like in a story book.

If Jane said...

the movement and the light!!!

tywo said...

These images are powerful. Such strong and beautiful movement!


lizzie said...


Maria Riazzoli said...

stunning pictures! Just beautiful.

Tana said...

that is incredible talent!!!

See Hear Say said...

this is art!! omg i'm so behind with my blog reading.. glad i haven't missed your giveaway, going to enter now now now! :D

CloudyKim said...

Wooooooooooah. You know, I just saw one of her photos randomly the other day - and of course, it wasn't credited, so I wondered who could have created such wonderful work (it's the one with the two girls running).

So I'm SO glad you featured her. I'm looking at her website now and everything is just stunning :D

Ashley said...

P.S. I've nominated you for a Lovely Blogger award. Your blog is just so stunning! The deatails can be found on my May 18th post. xx

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

These pictures are so great! Thanks for sharing!

hila said...

sj: yes, you're right - it's something in the angles, isn't it?

blue fruit: there's something haunting and eerie about these images, i guess that's part of their beauty and appeal.

elizabeth and Sofia: agreed!

alice: my pleasure!

danielle: I know, me too! I wonder how she managed to capture this.

sally: yes, that is quite similar :)

andrea: I know, it's amazing.

ashley: I agree! and thanks so much for the tag, but alas, I've already done it :)

if jane: yes, the light is just as amazing as the movement in these images.

tywo: powerful indeed!

lizzie, maria, tana: agreed!

laura: not only didn't you miss it, you won it :)

cloudykim: oh that's a shame to hear her work wasn't credited properly on another blog - such beautiful work deserves full credit. This irks me.

vanessa: my pleasure!