Filly Designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

filly designs

The lovely Emily Christensen from Filly Designs has kindly let me feature her Spring 2011 and Fall 2010 collections on my blog. I just adore the simplicity, aesthetic and gentleness of her clothing lines. Filly is a clothing company based in Portland, Oregon. Emily creates her designs using American-milled and sustainable fabric, and all Filly garments are made to order in the San Francisco Bay Area. Both the loveliness of her garments and the fact that they are ethically made appeals to me. Have another peek at her collections here.

You may have noticed the Sydney Writers' Centre 2011 Best Australian Blog nominee badge on my sidebar. The very sweet Galit suggested I enter and of course, I did. I honestly don't know if my blog is good enough for this competition (or any competition), but the prize for this is writing classes at The Sydney Writers' Centre, which is my idea of heaven. So I'm giving it a go. I've entered in both the judges' category and 'The People's Choice Award' category. My blog readers can vote in 'The People's Choice Award' category, but voting for that only starts on 16th April. So I'll keep you guys updated. I'm saying thanks in advance though!

P.S. Have a read of an article I wrote on one of the most astounding ballets I've ever come across.

All images copyright Filly Designs.