Painting Party

painting party

moi

painting party

painting party

painting party

painting party

painting party

painting party

painting party

I once got an email from someone who reads this blog asking me why I don't post pictures of myself or my friends. Of all the unusual emails I've gotten, this one was the nicest. I don't really think that's what this blog is about, and I try not to post pictures of myself or my friends as I'd like to keep a little bit of privacy. This is a public blog after all. Although I have to admit to really admiring those bloggers who post from their everyday life with such skill.

I recently went to a mini "painting party". It was so much fun, I don't know why my friends and I didn't think of it sooner. I had to show you guys some little bits and pieces of our day. There's something about these images of paint and colours that just makes me happy. And to appease whoever it was that sent me that email, there is one shot of me here, as proof to my grandmother as well that I actually have cut my very long hair. And in the spirit of giving credit where credit is due, thanks to my good friend Carol for some of these images. The beautiful first painting is by her as well.

Here are some more happy-making things:

: : A lovely review of The Elements of In-Between on Five Thousand by Stephanie Lyall. My favourite line: "Margaret and David meets Frankie". Ha, thanks Steph!

: : The wonderful "giving credit" project developed by Pia, Chelsea, Erin, Lisa, Nichole and Amanda.

: : This post on Miss Moss made me giggle (as does this).

: : Some little words of mine available in this collection.

What's everyone been up to?