Period Film Street Style by Miss Moss

Monday, February 28, 2011

the-piano+street-peeper

The Piano : : Street Peeper

marie-antoinette+peter-stigter

Marie Antoinette : : Peter Stigter

atonement+citizen-couture

Atonement : : Citizen Couture

cranford+mr-newton

Cranford : : Mr. Newton

downton-abbey+vanessa-jackman

Downton Abbey : : Vanessa Jackman

sense-&-sensibility+style-sightings

Sense & Sensibility : : Style Sightings

emma+facehunter

Emma : : Facehunter

pride-&-prejudice+citizen-couture

Pride & Prejudice : : Citizen Couture

brideshead-revisited+citizen-couture

Brideshead Revisited : : Citizen Couture

When Hila asked me to put together a guest post comparing period dramas to street style my mood instantly perked up. I LOVE period dramas, they are without a doubt my favourite type of film / show to watch. I could also write a paragraph about each of these, but I shall spare you my ramblings and just say that you need to watch every single one of them if you haven't done so already! Actually, if you have done so already - watch them again.

While I'm guest posting on Neon Enlightenment on fashion and film, the lovely Diana from Miss Moss is guest blogging here on, well, fashion and film! Thanks Diana! Aren't these fabulous?

Watch this space for another heady post filled with Diana's magic later on in the week. I'll also be contributing more fashion moments in film on Neon Enlightenment.

And before you leave, exit via Sparkapolooza, to read my little poem.

Have a great week everyone!

33 comments:

The above fore-mentioned. said...

Great post, wonderful images, thank you!

If Jane said...

clap clap great!

steph. said...

i can't even begin to tell the two of you home much i love this.

pixelhazard said...

Oh wow i absolutely love this. style translates beautifully

Bright Green Laces

Ylenia said...

wow, great images and comparisons!

Ylenia
http://longuette.blogspot.com

Elodie said...

This is amazing! I love it!

http://elle-yeah.blogspot.com

Deleilan said...

Lovely! You have a very good eye, Diana! (Now I need to take a photo of my Oliver Twist-inspired winter attire!)

Hila, your poem is amazing...

Design Dilettante said...

Incredible! I can't pick a favorite.

Olga said...

I love period dramas! I might be wrong, but I feel like there isn't enough of them. This is a beautiful post with a lovely selection of images.

anabela / fieldguided said...

So amazing. I love so many of these movies!

Jo said...

ooooh, Colin Flirt! erm, I mean Firth.

Love the collection, good eye for colour!

Solanah said...

This is fantastic! Love that the essence of the films is captured in the street fashions, great job!

xoxo
Solanah

Sammy Davis Vintage said...

I'm retweeting and posting on facebook -- fabulous job! xx Sammy Davis Vintage

Esti said...

what excellent combinations! I love everything about this post.

Mandi said...

Wow! This one is fabulous. You have a very keen eye.

Tana said...

Amazing post, wonderful images!!!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

These comparisons are amazing! Great job as ever, Miss Moss!

P R I M O E Z A said...

can't believe that so many of the gestures are similar as well as the colours and looks. fantastic!

Emily Vanessa said...

I'm simply amazed by this post and love all these different styles. Period drames are a favourite of mine.

Design Elements said...

great selection!

Tracey said...

These are amazing ... I'm going to go back for another look (or two) ... just beautiful! :)

Elizabeth said...

I love this - thanks for taking the time!

skeletaldreams said...

Beautiful. I love this post and the knowledge you display behind the different styles of fashion.
x

Silvia said...

I got lost in this post! :)

hannah, heart city said...

dang these are good. you've got quite an eye!

dulci said...

love this!

Check out my Nanette Lepore giveaway!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

See Hear Say said...

lovely post and photo combos, love love love it! and such a nice poem too at sparkapolooza!!

Tristan said...

this is too good! such a good eye, well done!

CloudyKim said...

Yay, Period Style clothes! I really enjoying looking at these. I think we should be able to walk around in empire dresses and long gloves. But, you know, whatever. I might be crazy :D

Your poem, "Isadora," was just lovely. I loved the lines:

"stale sir ruffles / she jumps forward, arms awry / each finger is a heralding of modernity"

It was hard to choose though :)

hila said...

wow, miss moss is a hit! glad you guys loved these as much as I did - I don't know how somebody can have such a good eye.

deleilan and cloudykim: thanks so much, my little poem appreciates it.

Laura: and congrats on the leeloo mention!

Jannine said...

This is so amazing. Really original and inspiring.
Added to my queue on tumblr (will be posted on Wed)

theninthofjanuary.tumblr.com

hila said...

glad you like it!

thelifeitrulylove said...

This post is amazing! I've added a couple of these movies to my movie list even the ones I have already seen!