Falling Garden

01

02

03

05

06

08

When I was an undergraduate student, I took a few courses on Shakespeare's plays. I remember I had this beautiful copy of The Tempest that had on its cover an illustration of Miranda in which her hair was a colourful garden, like an explosion of life and vibrancy. This affected the way I approached the play (perhaps you should judge a book by its cover). I pictured the tempest in the play as an abstract thing: as a type of falling garden. So when I saw the art installation, "Falling Garden", by the artists, Gerda Steiner and Jörg Lenzlinger, I literally gasped. This is exactly how I pictured The Tempest; it was as if someone had crawled into my mind and made visual imagery from the thoughts within. To see more of their absolutely mind-blowing art, visit their official site.

I've submitted a little excerpt to Sparkapolooza, from a short story I'm working on. I'd love some (constructive) feedback. You can have a read here. And of course, that should read "challenge", not "challagene". I shouldn't type fast. Thanks Jo and Laura!

And the lovely Anabela from Fieldguided has written some very kind words about my blog and I here. I don't know what to say to such kindness, other than a very big thank you, with sprinkles on top. Although I promise Anabela, I'm not at all intimidating.

Lastly, I'm sure those of you who have been keeping up with the news have heard about the floods in Queensland. There are no words for such tragedy. There are people missing, some have died, and many who have lost their homes. While we feel a bit helpless in the rest of Australia, we can help by donating money to the Queensland Flood Appeal. Hang in there Queensland, we're thinking of you!