Je Fais

french wedding

french wedding

french wedding

french wedding

french wedding

french wedding

french wedding

I first stumbled upon this beautiful French wedding on Jo's blog, and then visited the original post here. I love the whimsical and nostalgic tone of the wedding, along with its simple aesthetic. I would love to organise a celebration like this, regardless of whether it's a wedding or not. And really, do we need the excuse of a wedding to wrap a beautiful scarf or veil in our hair? I think that's my favourite bit. It reminds me of my grandmother's own wedding and veil.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you who comment on my film posts. You have no idea how helpful some of these comments are, even if they are simple encouragement or statements. I will be working very hard on my book with Palgrave Macmillan over the next couple of months, and I'm also contributing to a Blackwell companion book on Historical film. This will mean a lot of film watching and reviews. Some films I watch because I need to write about them, others because I'm testing some ideas I have about certain styles of films. Of course, I can't share with you ideas that will appear in print next year and the following year, but I can muse with you all on my little blog. Sometimes it's important to hear what other people think. So any opinions or comments over the next few months about films I happen to discuss would be much appreciated.