Léon Gimpel

Tuesday, 14 September 2010

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

léon gimpel

Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man.

-Edward Steichen

I'm researching early photography, and I've rekindled my love for the French photographer Léon Gimpel. What do you think of these?

18 comments:

lazarus said...

these are so lovely

melly said...

magnificent! the places he has been, the things he has seen, wow.

Rina said...

Oh my! this is really beautiful, I loved these pictures. Dear Hila I have a new blog project and I want to invite you one of these days to share with us your favorite books, I think you are brilliant for this! Have a nice week!

Sundari said...

These photographs are great! Early photography is so interesting!

Kate said...

These are incredible - thanks for sharing
xx

louise said...

I think they are completely stunning! Really, so fantastic.

Danielle said...

Wow, its really good! Beauutiful...

Marinka said...

I think that those are simply stunning , especially the first two !!

Maura said...

Magical and dreamy, love them.

Megan Champion said...

So inspirational, emotional, love them all.

hila said...

thanks everyone!

Style of a Fashionista said...

What amazing pictures xoxo

angi said...

oh my wow i love these!!! x

size too small said...

these images are beautiful. i love the color quality.

hila said...

leon has many fans :)

Principia said...

every single one of them is just superb :)

hila said...

the colours are so delicate, yet striking, at the same time.

ashley said...

truly stunning! thanks for sharing such an incredible photographer, off to hunt down more of his work!