Fred Eerdekens

Friday, 20 August 2010

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

fred eerdekens

Entering the artistic space of Fred Eerdekens places the spectator in a semantic landscape in which what one had thought of as stable meanings are continually twisted and turned. What better way to figurize this than by letting the spectators themselves ‘twist and turn’ in trying to make sense of the objects. In spiralling around the objects, they in fact become direct figures of the play of logic that rules the objects. After the linguistic turn, and in the wake of post-structuralist thought, the topography of our mental landscapes has become increasingly intricate. The work of Fred Eerdekens attests to this fact and it provides a conceptual map of this, in many places still unknown territory.

-Hanjo Berressem, “Differentials and Diffractors. Objects by Fred Eerdekens”.

I've recently discovered the art of the Belgian artist Fred Eerdekens and felt that jolt of electricity I get when I see in image-form concepts that I can only express in words. I think that what I like most about his art is that it is inherently unstable, it changes from different directions and altering perspectives. Since I am consumed by notions of fleeting, permeability and the fragility of our ever-changing consciousness in my own work at the moment, I think my personal discovery of these artistic pieces is quite timely.

To see more of his work, click here.

16 comments:

Des said...

what a cool exhibit. thanks for sharing this.

danica said...

ahh, yes i love his work! congrats to on your latest writing achievements - very lovely news :)

Enia Is (Almost) Here said...

thank you for this, it is stunning!

Eliza said...

oh goodness, this is beautiful. thank you so much for sharing, i've never seen anything like it.

miau said...

ah the cloud-thing in second picture looks amazing!

Sundari said...

Oh wow. This is really, really impressive!

bronwyn said...

The script writing and the clouds leave me speechless. Really spectacular.

tywo said...

Thanks for sharing.
It's amazing!
Have a good weekend.





LOVE!

Ella said...

this is really fantastic! thank you very much for sharing :)

Damaris said...

no way, those clouds are amazing. i want to do an instalation in my room.

odessa said...

oooh, i love the cursive writing and those dreamy clouds! his works seems very still and yet dynamic at the same time. thanks for sharing :)

Rina said...

This is just beautiful! I want to use this for examples to my type class! is very poetic, Loved it! thanks for share...

Lotte said...

wonderful

Indie.Tea said...

Those are amazing...but I feel that they would be even more so up close...

hila said...

so glad to hear you all enjoyed this spectacular work as much as I did!

and Danica, thanks :)

See Hear Say said...

these are incredible!!