The Draper

Tuesday, 22 June 2010

warm

I am a draper mad with love. I love you more than all the flannelette and calico, candlewick, dimity, crash and merino, tussore, cretonne, crepon, muslin, poplin, ticking and twill in the whole Cloth Hall of the world. I have come to take you away to my Emporium on the hill, where the change hums on wires. Throw away your little bedsocks and your Welsh wool knitted jacket, I will warm the sheets like an electric toaster, I will lie by your side like the Sunday roast.

-Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas.

I don't normally like Dylan Thomas, but I find this passage so appealing. I hope you're all having a lovely week, I'm mind-bogglingly busy. Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post, I really appreciate your opinions.

Image by Toast.

14 comments:

Indie.Tea said...

I haven't read much Dylan Thomas. The quote above goes so well with the image you chose...and it makes me curious to read more of Thomas's poems.

Daphne said...

Beautiful, I love this. You're so creative, how do you do that? :) Ohh and, just yo let you know, I'm planning on writing some more posts about literature myself and will dedicate them all to... you. ;) I just love your blog so much, it makes my days.
love
Daphne
xx

danica said...

i'm with you on dylan, but, you're right, that passage is gorgeous. the image works perfectly with it too. hope work et al is going well :)

Allie said...

This is kind of funny and random, but I had a "romantic interlude" with a guy named DYLAN THOMAS this past weekend. I can now say I've kissed Dylan Thomas. :)

Des said...

Excellent post.

Christine said...

The words and image work so well together. Beautiful!

tywo said...

I love this post. It is beautiful!
Your blog is lovely.




LOVE!

Marinka said...

NIce post!gorgeous passage

epe said...

you have a lovely and beautiful blog here!

the maisies said...

it is a great passage. i just love anything that describes fabric, it's a weakness of mine.

bronwyn said...

This is such a cozy post. It's been gray and chilly here and it seems like the rest of the world is all popsicles and swimming pools. It's nice to see that's not the case. Lovely.

gracia said...

Will happily throw away own little bedsocks and Welsh wool knitted jacket... happily.

Hope all is swell with all your many many things of busy busy nature.

Daphne said...

This is lovely. :) I've just started a new blog (my old one was The Souvenir Box) and I would love to hear what you think of it. xx
lots of love,
Daphne

hila said...

thank you, thank you, lovely people.