Show Me Your Heart

Thursday, 19 March 2009

Lovely Danica has tagged me with an equally lovely and unusual tag.

"With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: 1 picture, 1 poem, 1 song or piece of music, 1 phrase or quote, 1 item of clothing, 1 place (and just for fun) 1 Disney princess. If you want to join in, tag 6 more blogs."

One Picture


-Robert Doisneau, Le Baiser de l'Hotel de Ville, Paris, 1950.

When I was fourteen I fell in love with the man in this photo and wanted to run away to Paris and find a man with scruffy hair and a silk scarf tucked into his jacket.

One Poem

I have these lines above my bed ...

When old age shall this generation waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

-John Keats, "Ode on a Grecian Urn", 1819 (read the whole poem here).

One Song

I grew up listening to this song.

One Phrase

"One must still have enough chaos within to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

One Item of Clothing


-Image from here.

One Place


-Lost In The Magic Hour, by dkim.

One Disney Princess

Like Danica, I have no idea ...

I tag Sundari, Mila, and Kerri.

A big thank you to sweet Mila who gave me this award too. You are so incredibly kind, it's much appreciated.


please sir said...

Aww what a great tag - you have amazing tastes! Hey, can you spare some creative thoughts? :) Please see my post - thanks!

marie said...

i have that photo at home..
it makes me dream of paris :)

danica said...

ah lovely! i knew you would make some charming choices. i hope that this doesn't mean that i am an accessory to thesis procrastination :)

Mary-Laure said...

GREAT choices.

When I went to Athens some years ago I bought a pair of handmade sandals and wrote a little Ode To A Grecian Sandal in Keats's honor...

BTW, I answered your tag!

Rina said...

This is so beautiful, I loved your choices and that Doisneau picture is one of my favorite too!

flossy-p said...

What a beautiful tag... well, you've answered it beautifully! I have no idea where I would have even begun with that one.

Hila said...

Diana: might I say the same about you? :)

Marie: me too, I have it hanging near my work-desk :)

Danica: why thank you charming lady :) To be honest, you can't really be blamed for thesis-procrastination - my willpower ebbs and flows.

Mary-Laure: you should post that poem one day!

Thank you Rina, I loved reading your answers to my tag :)

Thank you flossy-p!

K. Sundari said...

That is a beautiful photo by Robert Doisneau. I wouldn't have thought a more beautiful photo.
I will definitely get to posting my own reply to the tag as reward when I finish my reports.

K. Sundari said...

Wow, I didn't realise how long it took me. But I have finally replied to your tag, but more importantly I hope your thesis is coming along perfectly!

Hila said...

Thank you Sundari, you're very sweet :)