The Disappearing World

Sunday, 8 March 2009

gi5

gi12

gi8

gi6

gi9

gi2

This album has been keeping me going this past week. It's quite possibly one of my favourite albums and it has been on constant rotation in my place throughout the week. I always wonder just what is going on in Kate's head.

My head is no clearer, although I'm not complaining. I am totally absorbed by my writing. I had drinks with a friend of mine last week who told me that the last moments of her PhD were completely absorbed by writing and ignoring the world, which is precisely my situation at the moment. It's not so much that I'm stressed, more like I've never enjoyed writing so much that I have wanted to ignore absolutely everything around me. There have been days in the past week that I have been so consumed with writing that I have forgotten to eat. One moment it's early morning, the next it's evening and I haven't eaten anything. I'm sure this is not healthy, and I really don't need to be any thinner than I already am, but I simply don't care. I have never been so exhilarated in my life with writing and the ideas in my head won't stop their continual cycle.

Anyway, I'll leave you with one of my favourite Kate Bush videos as I get back to it ...



Images from here.

16 comments:

Indie.Tea said...

The images are so beautiful...

flyinamber said...

hallo from old Europe :)
just arrived from Maia's blog..wonderful things and photos here..I'll visit you again..

kerri nĂ­ dochartaigh said...

i miss you, writer lady! xxx

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

i agree. kate bush is truly amazing. i love the photos, too :)
sometimes i feel the same way when i write. everything around me, all my errands and my responsibilities go on hold, and i can't seem to keep track of time.
xoxo,
Micaela

ashley said...

it is so good that you are engrossed (remember to eat...) but it means your thesis will be a masterpiece~ enjoy every moment of finishing it hila~ thinking of you:)
x ashley

A red lipstick said...

Purim sameach, darling!

jules said...

oh those are lovely images, i adore your blog, i just saw it for the first time, it's so cute.

mill said...

Oooo you're nearly there! I wish I could study like that, I get distracted too easily haha. I can't imagine studying and forgetting to eat - I eat to procrastinate :O

amy said...

hope the writing is still going well!!

please sir said...

Wow...those images are stunning.

Hila said...

Thank you lovelies :)

Mila said...

Gorgeous!
That first image.....breathtaking.

<3

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Great images but I especially love that first one! Pure Magic!

Hila said...

Thank you girls!

tresdivine said...

these things, are major inspiration!

Hila said...

Glad you like them!