Happy Day

Tuesday, 17 February 2009

lake konigssee

I am super-excited! Why, you ask? I am holding in my hands the contract for my book publication which I received from the University of Missouri Press in the mail today. And, even better news, that the introduction to the work will be provided by Susan Gubar and Sandra M. Gilbert - only two of the most well-known feminist authors around. The other contributors look mighty impressive too, so I'm in illustrious company and the book is sure to be reviewed in some prestigious journal. I hope this will start to put me on the map, so to speak.

I wish I had the book cover to show you, but it isn't on their official catalogue yet, so I've posted one of my latest new prints for sale in my shop instead. I have a soft spot for this print as it is a snapshot from one of my favourite travel memories, so it deserves an outing on my blog on such a happy day. I hope you're all well everyone :)

31 comments:

three buttons said...

Oh Happy Day indeed!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yippeeeeee!!!

Young Mind said...

Wow, that is really great news! Congratulations! :)

Eve said...

Congratulations! Wow! That's amazing! I would love to read your book one day, let us know when it hits shelves and where we'll able to find it so I can get a copy!

amy said...

oh congratulations! thats so exciting :)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

OMG! How exciting! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Sandra said...

congratulations! really.

jessica said...

Good for you!! What an accomplishment!

kerri ní dochartaigh said...

amazing little lady! what was the topic?

SM Gilbert? that is such an achievement, I studied her criticism in University x

jo said...

oh my, congratulations hila :)

please sir said...

WOW - that sounds so exciting - CONGRATS!!!!

jessie said...

congrats hila! that is amazing news! oh and i think that image is of rob pattinson, i honestly didn't realise

danica said...

super duper congrats, hila!!!

Kirsty said...

Wonderful, wonderful news Hila - big congratulations.

Pearls and Peonies said...

Congratulations!

And because you have such a lovely blog, I've given you an award! :)

kasie said...

um YAY!

Jenaveve said...

What a milestone - contract 'in hand'. You must feel rather proud! Well done Hila (I'd be jumping up and down right about now).

DreamON said...

That's wonderful :D

Esti said...

Congratulations!

sølvi said...

That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you:-)

Maggie May said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! this is amazing, thrilling, exciting!@! i'm so very happy for you. i can't wait to see the proofs!

Mary-Laure said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR HILA!
I'll definitely buy it when it comes out...

Indie.Tea said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Rina said...

I´m so happy for you dear HIla!! congratulations!!! There´s nothing like this sensation!! I had the same feeling with my book and enjoy it, it the best feeling!
Tell us more of course

Hila said...

oh wow, I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the kind comments! Thank you all :)

Windy Days said...

Well done Hila! You deserve it after all the hard work! :)

Mila said...

Oh sweetheart!
I only read this now!
I am beyond happy for you and am sure you deserve this the most of all.
CONGRATULATIONS!
(No one can take this away from you, it's yours and you did it all yourself. You talented woman!)

Much love,

Mila.

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

This is a stunning photo, and I am so excited for you!! Congratulations my dear!!!!

Hila said...

Thank you!!!

Christine said...

very exciting! Congratulations!

Hila said...

Thank you Christine!

amy turn sharp of doobleh-vay said...

OHH MYYYY! congrats! Gilbert and Gubar are my foundations- I love their work. I studied fem theory in college- CONGRATS