This is ... My Work in Progress

Sunday, 10 August 2008

I've been experimenting with my new Polaroid camera and I consider these images to be a work in progress. I'm at the early stage of trying out different things with lighting and trying to get it right, so I'm afraid the actual subject-matter of the photos is not that scintillating or original. But I'm slowly learning what works and what doesn't work with a Polaroid camera and how to create the lighting I want.

Alas, my other work in progress, my thesis, is going to keep me very busy over the next month, so I'll have to put aside the camera and get back to some serious writing.

Thanks to kept in a jar for this week's this is theme.

16 comments:

jodi said...

The curtain is my favourite

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm loving them! There's an ethereal quality to them.

AnastasiaC said...

they are beautiful...love the light you've captured! i still cant believe they are going to expire Polaroid film...its still so popular

K. Sundari said...

Very cool. I'm glad to see you are having fun with it. I havent yet used mine cause I am "saving" them.

daydream lily said...

these look great. that reminds me, i need to go get more film for my polaroid camera.

ps i added you on facebook (im the classy chick holding a bottle of pink) hahaha

design for mankind. said...

Oh they're all so lovely. I can't wait to see what you'll do with them... :)

flossy-p said...

The photo's a beautiful. The lighting makes them all look like the same body of work. I wonder where these will take you? And where they'll end up... Somewhere great I'm sure.

Krissy said...

I love the bright lighting in these photos.. the kitty is my fav!
good luck on your thesis!

please sir said...

These are so lovely - and a great body of work - keep it up!

Rina said...

I always want to have a polaroid, i love the aesthetics of this kind of pictures. I love them! Oh It´s so great that I´m back, I don´t want miss anything more!

amy said...

oh i love the third one!!

Serg Riva said...

really enjoying the polaroids...

Hila said...

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback everyone!

one little acorn said...

Nice shots - the polaroid effect is so unique. It will be difficult to put it down to work on your thesis, but you have to relax sometimes!

Mila said...

GORGEOUS!!
The beauty of them blows me away....

My polaroid 600 arrived today, and tomorrow i am going to look for film! I am so excited.
Hopefully the pictures will come out as beautiful as yours..

x

Hila said...

Thank you Mila :)