This is ... My Favourite Children's Book

I think The Little Prince must be the most magical book ever written. It is the first book that really stuck in my mind as a child - the rest of them are kind of a daze of pages and illustrations, while this one has become a treasured favourite. My dad first read it to me when I was very young, and I didn't understand much of it, but I knew I liked it. I then returned to this book when I was twelve and again when I was sixteen in High School, when my English teacher assigned it as one of our books. I've been having a life-long affair with this book; it seems to mark certain stages in my life and the more I read it, the more it unravels new things to me.

Like all good children's books, it is not really for children, but rather is a very adult type of child's book, like Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. The little prince's encounter with the fox always moves me ...
... if you want to know why, then you'll have to read it :)

Thanks to pottymouthmama for this week's this is theme and for the lovely trip into my childhood reading.