Bright Star

Monday, 18 August 2008

I feel as if Jane Campion has entered my brain, had a look around, and pulled out my dream film. She has just finished making a film about the life of the poet, John Keats, and his love affair with Fanny Brawne, called Bright Star. Keats is one of my all time favourite poets whose work makes my mind ache with beauty. The thought of a film about him, and one by Jane Campion for that matter, makes me swoon with happiness. I can't wait till it's released. Judging from the look of the film's website, I have a feeling I'm going to love it. Here are a few tidbits ...

If you want to explore the film some more, click here.

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

This looks amazing ... I can't wait. Keats + Jane Campion = breathless anticipation.

Erica said...

Oh I love Jane Campion, esp. Sweetie and An Angel at my Table. Was confused by In the Cut...

Lovely posts of late!

please sir said...

Sounds amazing - thanks for sharing! I adore these letters too.

sofia barĂ£o said...

uhhmmm poetry !! Love it already !

potty mouth mama said...

It looks fantastic, thanks for the heads up on this.

design for mankind. said...

Oh Hila--- what a fantastic post! And I agree with Erica... your posts have been SO GOOD lately! :)

Jessie Cacciola said...

beautiful. thanks for the intro! xo

Mila said...

Gorgeous post!
Really amazing...i love your blog so much!

I have never heard of this woman before (!!) but i am definitely interested in her work ans the film..

Thanks so much for sharing!

Mila. x

danica said...

It looks like it will be amazing! I love the imagery!

P.S I hope your thesis isn't giving you too much of a hard time :)

daydream lily said...

I think I will love it too!

Erica said...

Mila, I'm so jealous that you have all of Jane Campion's work ahead of you.

Hila said...

oh thank you so much for your very sweet comments ladies - it makes me wish I had actually made this movie rather than simply posted about it, because then I would have a reason to be complimented :)

Hila said...

P.S. Danica, my thesis and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment as it isn't co-operating with me, sigh... plus some very evil people are recalling all my books - don't they know I'm in the middle of writing my last chapter?

But I hope your thesis is being kinder to you :)

Kirsty said...

It all looks beautiful & very appealing.

Erica said...

Book recallers are the WORST.

Hila said...

they are aren't they?