This is ... My Pet

Sunday, 1 June 2008

This is my little kitten, Coby, who is about six months old. He's looking very sleepy for the camera. I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but he has a heart-shaped nose (so cute) and big pink ears that, like his big paws, are still too big for him. He needs to grow into them. In fact, I think he still doesn't really know what to do with his paws and is constantly tripping over them when he runs, which is just about the funniest thing. And he has eyes that are the warmest shade of brown. But more important that his cute exterior is his sweet interior. He's the loveliest little guy.

Coby was saved along with his sister by the wonderful people at SAFE Perth, who run a cat and dog fostering organisation to save these little guys and gals from being euthanised. They don't have much of a chance in shelters and are usually kept for only a week or two before being euthanised. If you are thinking of getting a cat or a dog, I strongly recommend contacting SAFE or visiting their website as they have an updated catalogue of current cats and dogs who need homes, along with photos. I couldn't be happier with my little guy.

Thanks to two peas in a pod for this week's great "this is" theme!

14 comments:

Marie Louise said...

Cute Kitty! Just checking out your blog for the first time. I have an ex brother and sister in law that live in Perth. I have only ever visited with them when they've come to the states but I understand that Perth is a great town and that western Australia is beautiful!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Very Cute kitty. Thanks for playing this week. I love that you got him from a fostering org. there are so many animals that are just waiting to be adopted it is even more rewarding when you know you saved him. They just have so much love to give!
Cheers Kyla

flossy-p said...

ooo I can tell Coby is a sweetheart just by looking at him. He is such a lovely combo of soft warm tones too. Lucky you :)

danica said...

Such a cute photo, Hila. I'm pleased you've got such a sweetie to continue your last kitty cat's legacy :)

sarah said...

such a cute cat! I would love to get one myself but i am allergic. it's a hell, because I love animals..

owlet said...

He looks adorable! I had a cat that looked EXACTLY the same- he lived for 20 years!

Hila said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Coby has read them all and is feeling pretty pleased with himself :) But I suspect he already knows he's very cute!

.girl ferment. said...

hooray for coby. what a cutie.he sounds like the perfect cat for a writer.
xx

Rina said...

Coby is so so cute! I love cats and they make me feel sleepy...

Paris said...

Awe he is too cute!! His big ears are adorable!! I so want a little kitten!!xx

three buttons said...

He is a cutie and ofcourse I love a heart shaped nose!!

I hope you don't mind but I have nominated you to choose our theme for this week!! Feel free to post your suggested anytime before Friday this week : )

Thank you for playing!

Angela xx

Hila said...

No problem Angela, thanks for nominating me! I'll have a think tonight for a theme and post it tomorrow - this will be fun :)

Thanks everyone for your compliments on my sweet little guy!

Jenaveve said...

He certainly is one cute little boy. I hope you have taken a gazillion photos of him while he's still little.

Hila said...

Oh don't worry, I think I'm over-doing it with the photos!