Hamlet

Tuesday, 10 June 2008

A friend of mine from the UK just sent me an email with details about this ballet and I wish I was back in England to see it. David Nixon always does such interesting interpretations and this particular adaptation of Hamlet looks extremely thought-provoking.

The premise of the adaptation is:
"In the early 1940s, a young man arrives home from the Front. But his home is no longer his own. His father is dead, his mother has married his Uncle and the enemy occupies his city."

I'll say it again: I wish I could see this.

9 comments:

Krissy said...

ooo! I want to go!

Rina said...

OMG! this is amazing. Is there any chance that David Nixon bring this ballet to Southamerica? I loved the stage design.

Hila said...

I know Krissy, I feel the same! If only someone would buy me a plane ticket :)

Unfortunately Rina, I don't think David Nixon usually shows his ballets outside of England. I may be wrong, but I think that most of his productions are local, which is such a shame. I wish they would tour overseas! The stage design is amazing isn't it?

Mary-Laure said...

This sounds fabulous!
As a ballerina (albeit an amateur one), I'd love to see this.

The more I read your blog and sweet comments left on my posts, the more I am AMAZED at how much we have in common.

design for mankind. said...

Oh wowwww--- me too! :)

three buttons said...

Wow, that does look amazing!

Yep, my heart clips are from Kikki. K!

Angela x

Paris said...

What an interesting adaptation!

Serena said...

I hope they bring this to Australia (especially Melbourne). Hamlet is my favourite Shakespeare....

Hila said...

I think we can only dream of them bringing this to Australia :(
My favourite Shakespeare is the Tempest.